Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Part I: Bali, with ♥

Bali trip was just incredible!!!! I can't exactly tell why so, it was plenty of things all together. My 2nd time flying (1st time w/o an adult), the people we've met during the trip, the amazing villa, the company, having Wilson by my side all day, the beautiful scenery, seeing life so different from ours and so many other tiny details I couldn't put into words. I really wished we could have stayed for a few days longer.
















Touch down!

Padi fields were everywhere. Clever how they made use of land. There was a transfer ride so we had this guy holding a board with our names waiting for us at the airport. Call me sua ku but it was soooooo cool! First time in my life!!




The staff there were all so lovely! They got us cold towels and welcome drinks right after we've checked in, and our driver took the keys and escorted us all the way to our room, making sure we knew where everything was. Luke and Elvira met us at the lobby b/c they went a day earlier. Everything was so much easier with them around b/c Elvira knows Indo. So glad we went on the trip with them!












Don't you think that the villa is just perfect??? I've never traveled much before, much less stayed at a villa so it was much more than I could have asked for. I'm sure there are many better villas out there but you know how your firsts almost always leave the deepest impression? I feel like nth can ever be compared to this.

The bathtub was kind of like an open concept with a stone path leading to the pool area. How can anyone resists the tub! Took a quick dip before going for some sight seeing in the cab Elvira booked for us.




Headed to Tanah Lot and they have like, the best corn ever!!!!!






You can choose from 4 different flavours. I can only remember 3. Butter with salt, spicy and sweet? Went with the traditional butter with salt and it was the bomb! Literally, because Wilson couldn't digest them and had to "bomb" them out at night. Hahahahahaha If you think I'm gross, imagine how I felt when he said he wanted to take a picture to show me~~~

Tanah Lot has got the best view out of all the places I've been to (which are not a lot, but still!). Awesome place to take pictures. I told Wilson I had to climb up onto the rocks even though it was quite difficult to because where else to take better user pics for twitter and FB right???? HAHAHA But I still didn't manage to take one that is dp worthy. I am such a loser I know.
































I really really wanted to get these woven bags and was so thrilled to hear that they were Rp 35,000 (approx. Sgd5) but it was only because she said it in Mandarin, 三十五万, I was mistaken. They were actually selling at Rp 350,000 which was around Sgd 50. The disappointment....


Went somewhere to meet Luke and Elvira after that for dinzzz. Honestly I don't even know where b/c Elv talked to the driver directly, all we had to do was umm do nth really. The streets at Tanah Lot were probably the best place to shop throughout the whole trip but I didn't b/c it was only our first stop and Wilson convinced me that there were better shopping streets. We didn't go to any in the end b/c our schedule was too packed so it was tooooo bad.

I wanted to put this picture up mainly b/c of the drink I had. Quite good really. Avocado milk with choco fudge!

Next day we woke up at 7 plus for breakfast before heading to the Safari. I LOVE LOVE LOVE hotel breakfasts. Vacations don't feel like vacations w/o 'em.










The safari set us back about Sgd 80 each? Very pricey but what's a holiday if not for splurging right? I can already hear Wilson disagreeing with me. Pfft.






















The elephant rides! First and probably the last time I'm ever gonna ride these. Think they are abused and ill treated just for human's amusement? Throughout the ride, the trainer kept hitting the elephant's head with this sharp blade to keep it gg on the right track which was so cruel I find. Wilson kept telling me that they have got really thick skin so they prolly wouldn't feel much anyway but is it true?




















For the rest of the time there we caught a few animal shows, walked around for a bit, had a huge ass coconut drink and I got a cute white tiger pouch!! It is so small I basically couldn't fit anything except a few bills in it but it's so cute how can anyone resist them??

Indo's safari is different from Singapore's zoo. They have a bus drive us around and the animals are mostly out in the open so we were the ones "caged" in. When I first heard about it I thought we were really gonna be kept in a metal cage sort. Wilson and I were super stoked but it ended up to be only a bus....








Spot the bird on the camel's head! *Cute*








Our first 1 and a half day! I'll talk about the rest of the trip in another post. Too difficult to filter out the few when there are three cameras and over 1500 photos! Which is why there is an overload of pictures heeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment