Friday was spent taking a bus down to Kallang, missing a stop, having a mini heart attack when some middle aged man alighted at the very secluded bus stop with me (you know how everyone looks suspicious when you are paranoid), calling for Clint and co to come pick me up before heading to CCK for some impromptu BBQ!
One of them recently met with an accident that left the hood of his car flattened, but he got out of it practically unscathed except for some abrasions. Looking at him that night, still talking and laughing like usual, I cannot even begin to describe how thankful I am that god decided that it ain't the time for him.
Yes, everyday lives are lost. Most people however, do not have theirs taken away at 20. People our age shouldn't be worried about death and illnesses. This is the time to party hard, drink a lot, see the world and to spend hundreds on bungee jumping. This is the time to just experience life like we've never before with the newly acquired freedom that comes with the big 2-oh.
In a way, I am glad that Wilson doesn't drive. I cannot imagine losing him or anyone of my friends for that matter. Please, please, please stay safe everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment