Saturday, May 5, 2012

Part II: Bali, with ♥

Sipping hot green tea while Florence + The Machine plays in the background. Lazy lazy Saturday, so I thought I should be back for the follow up entry on the Bali trip. Again, there are quite a few pictures since I have a tough time picking out the few I like b/c I love them all. Each photo reminds me of the a different detail and all are wonderful.

Our driver dropped us off at the villa for a quick bath and change of clothes after the Safari. Really needed that b/c the weather was crazy plus after the long morning we've had it just seemed like a really good idea. Also needed to be properly dressed for our next stop - Rock Bar! Located at the coastlines of Ayana Resort, it is known for their sunset I guess? The place is pretty amazing though prices are a tad steeper than the usual bars in Singapore but worth it.


On the car there!








The inclinator bringing us down to the bar! The view was spectacular. I couldn't capture anything that justified the breathtaking scene but believe me it was beautiful. Much better than on pictures.
















We were served cold towels because the sun was basically shinning straight at our faces and we were so baked, explaining also the umbrellas. Didn't do any editing on the below few pictures; contrast, lighting adjustments or the likes like I usually use on my other photos. Quite a short wait for the sunset as we reached there late.
























Night time was spent getting dinner and pushing a trolley around the mart for some drinks and snacks to bring back to the villa. Then it was pool time!














Me with my apple juice! The guys took a dip the night before also and we already had beer so I weren't in the mood for more but the guys drank. Snacks, drinks, pool and a couple of friends. No better way to spend the night.






A couple of shots of the place before we left. Realised I didn't mention the name of the villa in the previous entry. We stayed at Lokha Umalas. They were having a promo on groupon so we were really lucky! Got the villa at $270 for 2 nights inclusive of breakfasts and a half hour massage which sadly we didn't manage to go. Situated away from town areas so we had to cab everywhere but it was nothing comparing. Definitely going back there someday!

So we packed early and brought all our bags along when we headed for the water sports b/c we had to rush to the airport in the afternoon. Did 4 activities in total: Tubing, flying fish, banana boat and jet ski. I am so scared of water because I couldn't swim and a little part of me died when they opted for the banana boat to capsize but I'm glad we did it because it wouldn't have been fun without that.


Don't bother getting your hair into a bun like Elvira and I did b/c there is no way it's going to stay on hahaha






If you can zoom in, you will probably see our ugly faces. The sea water just kept splashing into our faces, hard. Couldn't even keep my eyes open half the time. Trick is to turn your head back, otherwise you'll just miss out on how beautiful view is.










Our driver, Banjee, took most of the photos for us that day. This last photo was parasailing which we didn't get to do because we had to catch the flight back. Quite a pity but definitely going on my itinerary on my next visit.








Wilson's favourite! I did have my turn controlling the jet ski but gave most of the time to Wilson because he was so excited you could see it on his face and it was just too cute meh meh I am a suckerz hahahaha

Slept very little on the plane back even though we didn't get to sleep much the day before, all the time thinking how awesome it would be if we've stayed for a few more days. It's alright though because I'll be back! Also because Wilson and I are planning on going on another trip in July. Krabi, maybe???

No comments:

Post a Comment