Saturday, April 21, 2012

RWGenting

Back from Bali!!! Still feeling a little bit of post-vacation blues from the trip. The villa... Only if we've stayed for a couple of days longer. Anyhoo! This post is not about that. I'll post about the Bali trip once I've got all the pictures. Those from my cam I'm currently uploading to FB so you can look from there first if you'll like to! Heeeeeee

So I went on a short trip to Genting/KL with a few of the poly peeps abt a week ago. It actually didn't feel like a trip, more of a Friday night gathering which lasted for 3 days. Haaaa am I making any sense? It was still a pretty good getaway since I haven't been to anywhere for the longest time, plus I was able to skip work. Awesome!




On the first day, we took the bus to KL after dropping our bags off at the hotel. Think this is the first time I've been there? We didn't manage to go to any shopping streets b/c none of us did any research beforehand so we ended up at KLCC which was really a high-end mall. Quite the bummer b/c I was hoping to do some cheap shopping. But I got to see the twin tower!!












Found the train token to be very unique. Worked the same as a card but instead of tapping out, you drop it into a coin slot when you leave so it saved the time of having to queue at the machine for the deposit!

So we did a little groceries shopping and lugged 4 bottles of wine and some chips from the mart back to our hotel and drank a little before we went to catch Wrath of the Titans at the theater which got me sooooo tired I slept through one hr of the show? Hahahahaha such a waste of money. The 3d glasses were practically on top of my head the whole time.




Next day, we went to the theme park. Not as fun as I remembered it to be or maybe I am just getting too old for the rides. Realised that as I got older, I get more afraid of roller coasters and horror shows. Is it the case for you guys also? Just curious.
























I also finally got to take the space shot!!!!!


This ride always looked too scary so I didn't dare to try but I did this time and it wasn't THAT bad. Only thing was that I didn't even get to enjoy the view from up there even though it was really pretty b/c my mind was waiting and dreading the sudden drop that was bound to come. I honestly find the flying coaster to be way worse though.





Malaysia's KFC actually had way more variety as compared to what we have here. This is Clint's favourite ice cream from young and they had this smoothie-like drink, krusher, which I am craving very much for right this second. Pfft.





Rest of the pictures on FB also. 2 grad trips down, 1 more to go. Then I'll hide in a hole and wallow in my post-trips depression since it means that I won't be going anywhere else for at least a year or 2. Meh~

No comments:

Post a Comment